🌟 By popular demand… these are my top 2023 Black Friday Sale Favorites; the products that I, or my subscribers can’t get enough of; by some of the best brands out there! AMAZON LIST LINK Go To Amazon Aveda Aveda – Botanical Repair bond building styling cream Go To Aveda
Recycling Hair Products
Have you ever bought a product that didn’t work for you, you couldn’t return it and feel there was nothing left to do but throw it away? OR are you trying to reduce our carbon footprint but eco-friendly beauty products are either not as good or don’t make sense financially?
Of course having curly hair, we go through alot of products… a lot of plastic.. A lot of water… alot of waste. Unfortunately, it’s not really an option to not use any products, but we can make sure we’re getting the most out of our products, and wasting the least amounts possible. Recycling and reducing waste is something everyone can do to make a tremendous difference for the world.
SO here tips on ways we can reduce our curly carbon footprint, reuse our products (even the ones that didn’t work for our hair), and recycle our products properly!
FUN FACT: The classic “reduce, reuse, recycle” phrase is actually steps in order of priority. We need to focus on ways to reduce and reuse them our waste before we even have to think about how to recycle it.
There are many ways we can reduce product waste which will ALSO save our coins!
1. Reduce styling by setting yourself up for success with a complete wash day that you know will last you. If we can limit how many times a week we wash our hair with a proper set and maintenance techniques, you could be set for the week! Read my STYLING 101 Blog for tips on how to Prep, Style, Finish your hair.
2. Reduce water use by turning the water off when detangling. Also, using a good detangling brush will reduce the time spend in the shower!
3. Get crafty and funky with your hair! It doesn’t have to be freshly washed to be done. Experiment with styles on dry and days-old hair to revamp your look. Use waterless options to refresh your hair like dry shampoo, and keep a refillable spray bottle handy to dampen strands that need extra love. Check out REFRESH 101 for maintenance tips!
4. Before committing to a full size product you might not like, GET SAMPLES AND TRAVEL SIZES! This isn’t something to abuse, because we don’t want to increase single use item waste, but sampling something allows you to try something out before actually buying a full size bottle which could all go to waste if you don’t like a product. Travel bottles are amazing because you get enough of a sample to get a good use, and these bottles are great to keep and refill when travelling so you don’t have to buy refillable bottles.
5. When you know you love a product, buy the litre/jumbo sizes. You often save money and packaging this way! Lets avoid single use packets like hair treatments. Let’s be real, if your hair is damaged, you’re going to need more than just one packet of conditioner.
6. Reduce waste by using up every last drop of product. Unscrew the lid, flip over the bottle, and cut open your tubes to scoop out the insides.
7. AND one more thing…. If you don’t need it, don’t buy it. I know, I’m one to talk, I share and try so many different products on this channel, but it’s to give you recommendations so you don’t have to!
- If you notice, I don’t just share myself using a product, I explain the benefits of each product and why it may or may not work for you depending on your hair type and needs.
- This video, the Ultimate Guide to Protein vs Moisture helps you understand your hair texture so you can use the correct products with beneficial ingredients for your hair. When you understand your hair, you know how to take care* and this will majorly aid in helping you both find products to buy, and also choose what products to use for your wash day. This will help Reduce the need to redo your hair on wash day as well.
- Use shampoo as body wash if it didn’t work for you
- Use conditioner to shave
- And if you don’t feel like you can use a product, BELIEVE me someone else can. If you’ve got any friends, something you can do is start a group chat! You can use this group chat to trade products, and maybe even try and sample our friends product before buying
- There’s also facebook marketplace
- Or, consider donating to a shelter
- When we finish a product, there’s great ways we can reuse the packages.
- Bottles can be painted and repurposed as decorative containers and it’s such a fun way to relax, and get crafty.
Recycling is not the solution to our waste problem, less consumption and sustainable packaging from the producers, is the answer. Especially since we can’t just throw EVERYTHING into the recycle bin (like many people do, thinking they’re doing good while they are actually contaminating the recycling stream) I was shocked when I found out that most of what we recycle can’t actually be recycled because of irresponsible recycling.
But we must recycle. Here’s what we can do to make sure we are properly recycling.
- Prepare containers; Rinse out bottles before recycling and keep the cap/lid on (including sprayers and pumps).
- Google search recycling in your area to confirm what they can accept for recycling.
- Check the bottom of a product or container to make sure it can be recycled, they sometimes have the disclaimer there.
Try to buy products packaged in recycled materials
and/or recyclable packaging.
These are my favourite brands doing great things to recycle, be eco friendly that are all also vegan and cruelty free!
Things I’m personally trying to do better in: Not shop fast-fashion, not use single-use plastic items like water bottles, utensils, etc. buy in bulk so less shipping, and buy larger sizes of products I love. Am I perfect? No, but I’m trying. We all have access to different things, but I hope some of the tips I shared in this blog inspired you and gave you some insight on the changes you can make today, for a better future❤️
Current Routine Products The world and my curls are constantly evolving. Occasionally, as the seasons change and new products come about, I will welcome different things into my routine. If you want to know what’s in my hair currently, this is where you can check regularly for updates! Aveda –
🌟 By popular demand… these are your top Amazon Favorites; the products that we’ve influenced people to purchase the most and what our subscribers can’t get enough of. Whether you’re a haircare enthusiast or just looking for some mane magic, let’s explore the must-haves for gorgeous, healthy hair! 💇♂️💆♀️ #1: